Are you short and thinking about how to select the best salwar kameez for your height? If yes, read this blog entirely to know the tricks and secrets. Fashion fits every individual on earth, but you should know how to wear it exactly. If you wear it right, you can adorn yourself. If you are in the USA and looking to buy salwar kameez online in USA, there are a range of online portals where you can find the best collection of salwar kameez at a reasonable price. Now, let us discuss the tips to choose the right salwar kameez if you are short.
- Buy the darker colours: Dark shades like black, maroon will make the body look slimmer. These colours will create an illusion of height too. The kameez length must be more than what the normal kameez is for tall women, so you will look full and tall. You should also pick the salwar kameez with minimal embellishments on the borders so that they give an illusion of longevity.
- Choose the right fabric: Petite women have flabby arms. So, you need to buy full-sleeved ones. Cotton fabric is good for the summer, along with lace and net. In the winter season, you can choose fabrics like velvet, georgette, or chiffon too. Make sure you research well and pick the best website that has many fabrics such as Art Silk, Banarasi, Banglori Silk, Cotton, Georgette, Faux Georgette, Tapeta Silk, Mulberry Silk, Tussar Silk, etc.
- Fitting is important: Short women pick salwars that are very tight. This is a big mistake that they commit. They would normally want to highlight the body parts they want to hide. In the process of looking fashionable, women stagger on the salwars they choose. Loose salwars with the same fabrics must be worn on top with equally loose-fitting bottoms so that you get a balanced look.
- Choose vertical and printed salwars: Salwar suits with patterns and stripes were the most sought-after ones in the 80’s and 90’s. They have now become the fashion. It’s a blessing in disguise for the short women. If you are short, you can wear vertical stripes and printed salwars so that they add an illusion of height.
- Choose sleeves with simple designs: Puffed sleeves are nowhere advised to you if you are petite as they don’t bring the right attention that your body needs. If you give more attention to your arms, it enhances the petite quotient on the body. That is the reason why you need to stay away from puffed sleeves and choose lace, net, or simple sleeves. Also, the embroidery should be very less on the sleeves.
So, these tips when followed rightly before buying a salwar kameez will help you a lot. Being short is not your problem but not choosing the right salwar for you is a problem. Consider the above tips and rock all the way! Hatkay.com is one of the best websites where you can find the right salwar kameez for women of all sizes, every height, and weight. Give it a try and you won’t regret it.