Could your hands be the secret to youthful, glowing skin?
We know that we’re all going to grow old someday, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t grow old gracefully.
No, that doesn’t mean you have to pay for facials every month or get a cosmetic procedure to get your skin looking forever youthful – you can do it at home using a facial workout that acts like a non-invasive facelift.
In this article we’re going to share various exercises for the ultimate workout session for your face that you can incorporate into your daily skincare routine. These exercises will be targeted towards different areas of your face that often show the first signs of aging.
You’ll see the best results if you’re able to do this routine every day, but if you can only commit to doing it a few times a week – that’s better than nothing!
No matter your age, this non-invasive face lift routine is going to help your skin look tighter, brighter and plumper to keep you looking youthful for longer.
Things to know before doing your non-invasive face lift
This non-invasive face lift is best done in the mornings because it will instantly de-puff and brighten the skin, all while making you look much more awake.
We’re going to be sharing exercises using your hands today as this is the easiest way to do this routine. However, if you already have any sculpting tools – like Gua Sha or a facial roller – feel free to use these in place of your hands.
To prep your skin before the routine, make sure that your skin is cleansed and then apply a few drops of your favourite facial oil. This is going to create some ‘slip’ so that your hands can easily glide across your face to perform the movements.
How to start and finish a non-invasive facelift
Although we’re going to be showing you some specific routines to follow for different areas of your face, we recommend starting and finishing the routines in a similar way – with a warm-up and cooldown.
The warm-up step is going to wake up your facial muscles, so that they’re ready for the rest of the routine.
After applying facial oil, use your palm to make swiping motions up your face. You can start at the centre of your face and swipe your hands towards the perimeters.
Make sure that you’re applying a good amount of pressure to activate your facial muscles.
Once you’ve finished with your routine, you want to relax and cool down your face and muscles. This is also a great step for promoting the drainage of any fluid build-up within the skin.
Use slow movements with the side of your hands, like you did in the warm up to drain any fluid from the centre of your face, to the perimeters and down your neck.
- Take your first and second finger and place it on the apples of your cheek, right below the bone
- Use the tips of your fingers to apply pressure under the bone and use small circular motions to massage the skin
- Repeat this motion for 30 seconds
- Then, still using the tips of your fingers, follow the hollows of your cheekbones up until you get to the hairline
- Repeat this motion 10 times
- Place both of your thumbs on your temples and curl your fingers into the centre of your forehead
- Using slow motions with medium pressure start to draw your fingers towards your thumb
- Once your fingers meet your thumb, push your fingers up towards your hairline
- Once your fingers meet get to your hairline, use upward circular motions for 5 seconds
- Repeat this motion 10 times
- Take your first and second finger in a hook shape, place them on your jawline by your chin so that one finger is above the jawline, and one is below
- Use the thumb of your other hand to apply pressure under your chin to create tension while you push your fingers out towards the jaw line
- Repeat this motion 10 time and then repeat on the other side
- Then take the first finger of both hands in a claw shape. Using the side of your finger start just below the chin and move your fingers down to the bottom of your neck applying a medium pressure
- Repeat 10 times
Benefits of the non-invasive face lift
Non-invasive face lifts are the perfect way to keep your skin looking plump and youthful, without having to actually get a face lift.
This routine works by activating all of the 40 muscles in your face that most people normally forget about. Like you would work out the rest of your body to keep in shape, we’re doing the same with our facial muscles to keep our face looking young.
The routine that we’ve shared is designed to work the muscles in areas that usually show the first signs of aging, so you’ll really notice a difference after regularly following this routine.
By doing regular non-invasive face lift routines, you’ll experience the following benefits:
- Strengthened facial muscles
- Naturally glowing skin
- Increase blood circulation in your face
- Firmer and tighter skin that looks youthful for longer
- De-puffed skin
- Less knots and tension within the skin