How to clean and maintain the hair system is one of the most asked questions from those who wear hair systems. Untangling the tangled hair system is an added challenge.
Are there any effective remedies when the damage has been done? Here, the consultant expert from Superhairpieces gives us some valuable guidance.
Mastering the right and effective method below can help you save lots of money as you can extend your current unit’s lifespan.
First, make sure all the hair strands are out of the base.
If the hair system has a lace base, take all the hair strands out of the base. Always use tapes on lace; do not pull the hairs through the mesh to the inside.
Second, brush the hair in the correct way.
Before washing the hair system, we must comb and untangle it first. You have to do this with 100% patience, and this is very important. Combing or pulling violently will cause hair breakage or even tear the base.
1. Don’t comb the hair directly from the root to the tip like you always do when you comb your own hair. Always Remember that this is a hair system; those hair strands are being ventilated into the base and not growing out from the scalp. Rough use can damage the knots and make hair roots loose, especially when tangled.
2. Using the correct method to comb the hair. Start from a small clump of hair. Comb it gently from the middle to the tail. When these two parts have been combed gently, comb the root parts until this clump of hair is untangled. Then, you can start to comb another clump of hair; repeat this way until the whole hair system has been untangled. This process needs patience and time. The method may be tedious, but you will be gratified by thinking it will help you save a lot of money.
Third, Apply the conditioner before washing it.
Apply the wig conditioner evenly onto the hair and wait for 5 minutes. The root part should also be applied evenly with the conditioner. However, using conditioner on the root is only for highly tangled hair systems or hairpieces. Make sure you do it from the outside of the base, not inside of the base.
Fourth, soak it into the warm water with shampoo.
1. The water should not be too hot or too cold.
2. Pour the Shampoo into the water and lather evenly.
3. Soak the hair piece in the water. To soak it, don’t rub it.
4. leave the base side up.
5. Leave and soak it in the water no less than 5 minutes.
6. Take the hair system out and squeeze the water out. (please don’t rub the hair system)
7. Apply the conditioner evenly onto the hair for the second time.
8. Try combing the hairs with conditioner, first from the middle part to the hair tail and then from the root part to the tail.
9. Repeat the previous procedure. Soak it in the water again for no less than 5 minutes, then take it out and squeeze the water.
Fifth, rinse and dry.
1. Take the hair system out and rinse it with clean water. Change the water and rinse it until the excess conditioner washes out thoroughly.
2. Use an absorbing towel to absorb the water of the hair system.
3. Comb the hair from the root to the tail and let it dry naturally.
4. Comb again when the hair is completely dry, and you will notice it has become very smooth.Hope the above method is helpful for those who are having trouble with their tangled hair system. We do suggest you build and keep a good hair system usage habit. It’s you who will be the biggest beneficiary. For more professional advice and suggestions, you can feel free to check other blogs of Superhairpieces.